Riverbed Announces Steelhead Mobile 3.0
Riverbed Technology has announced enhancements to its Mobile WAN optimisation solution with the release of Steelhead Mobile 3.0. Mobile WAN optimisation is meant to address productivity challenges organisations face while managing remote and mobile workforces. This release is claimed to provide acceleration for Windows 7 and 64-bit systems for mobile end users.
Riverbed Steelhead Mobile is designed to increase employee productivity while on the road, working from home or connected wirelessly in the office. It is able to achieve this by providing application performance improvements.
As enterprise IT departments are pressurised to improve IT efficiency and employee productivity. At the same time reduced IT budgets can have a direct effect on end user performance. Mobile WAN is said to help overcome this obstacle by improving the performance of critical enterprise applications for remote or mobile workers.
According to Eric Wolford, senior vice president of marketing and business development, Riverbed, "As companies focus on consolidating their data through private cloud initiatives, the distance between their employees and critical data is growing — employees are becoming more mobile, working from a variety of locations outside of the office. This means that as centralisation of data and IT infrastructure continues, remote access is becoming more of a challenge."
Enhancements to Steelhead Mobile 3.0 include:
- Ability to accelerate Windows 7 and 64-bit Systems for mobile users
- Web applications can be served up faster on end user device displays — up to 60 times faster
- Ability to facilitate immediate acceleration regardless of location (known as Branch Warming)
To know more about Steelhead Mobile 3.0, visit the Riverbed website. Steelhead Mobile 3.0 is expected to be generally available on December 2, 2009.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- Air Transport Sector Turning To Artificial Intelligence