Riverbed to Integrate WAN Software in HP ProCurve
Riverbed Technology has joined the HP ProCurve Open Network Ecosystem (HP ProCurve ONE), a new multi-vendor alliance program, becoming the only WAN optimization vendor in the alliance.
As part of this program, Riverbed will enable its Riverbed optimization system, which powers its Steelhead product family, to run on the HP ProCurve ONE Services zl module, a blade for the HP ProCurve Switch 5400zl and 8200zl series that consolidates partner applications onto a common platform, enabling reduced costs and optimizing rack space.
Eric Wolford, senior vice president, marketing and business development at Riverbed, said, "The inclusion of the Riverbed Optimization System in the HP ProCurve ONE gives customers moving to next-generation data center models a solution that can reduce costs and the complexity of network management, while improving application performance and employee productivity."
"The integration of Riverbed’s WAN optimization with HP ProCurve infrastructure provides customers with a reliable solution for distributed enterprise environments that addresses their changing data center needs and can increase the efficiency of network applications," added Marius Haas, senior vice president and general manager, HP ProCurve.
HP ProCurve ONE allows customers to choose from a selection of pre-tested applications and to integrate them with their networks.
To educate and support enterprises on best practices, Riverbed and HP ProCurve plan to jointly market and sell their existing solutions. The joint solution should be available in the second half of 2009.
Riverbed and VMware in Virtualization Agreement
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- AI To Bring More Jobs, Revenues To Businesses
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- How Robotics Is Changing The Shared Service Landscape
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL