Ruckus provides varsity with stable Wi-Fi access
Punjab, Patiala-based Thapar University has standardized on next generation Wi-Fi products and technology from Ruckus Wireless. Across its sprawling 250-acre campus, the university has deployed over 100 ZoneFlex 2942 and 2741 indoor and outdoor access points centrally-managed by Ruckus ZoneDirector wireless LAN controllers. In the residential buildings, Thapar is also using 75 MediaFlex 2200 series wireless bridges to provide reliable wireless access to faculty/staff members.
Unlike conventional Wi-Fi technology, Smart Wi-Fi leverages patented dynamic beamforming and smart antenna array technology to deliver a two- to four-fold improvement in Wi-Fi range and reliability with fewer access points needed for a given area.
"Ruckus simply delivered better range and coverage the minute we powered it up. Ruckus APs delivered jitter-free multicast IP video streams across many walls far away from the access point. Also the Ruckus solution required fewer access points compared to others which helped us allay budget concerns," said Dr. Maninder Singh, associate professor, computer science and engineering department, Thapar University.
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Apple Names Deirdre O’Brien New VP of People
- New Code To Enable Robots Understand Body Language
- Cyber-security Must Focus On The Human Point
- ATM Maker Diebold Sees Demonetization As Big Business Opportunity
- Driving Technology-Led Growth In The Financial Sector
- Top Executive Reshuffle At Samsung Mobile In India: Report
- Gender Diversity: Defining Women's Role In The Workplace
- Decoding The 'Maharashtra Cyber' Project
- MobME Eyes Global Expansion With Analytics Solutions