Ruckus Unveils Outdoor Wi-Fi System
Ruckus Wireless today announced, what it claims to be, the world s first and only outdoor dual-band 802.11n and single-band 802.11g Wi-Fi access points with dynamic beamforming to overcome problems that have hindered outdoor Wi-Fi deployments, including interference, unanticipated physical obstructions such as foliage, network management complexity and cost.
The new Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi outdoor products deliver high-speed dual-band 802.11n technology at a lower cost than competitive outdoor 802.11a/b/g products and with a two- to fourfold increase in signal range and reliability, a company release said..
The Wi-Fi solution can be centrally managed as part of an overall indoor/outdoor wireless LAN infrastructure.
The new Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi outdoor products are ideally suited for enterprises or service providers needing to:
- Provide reliable Wi-Fi access to outdoor hot zones
- Seamlessly extend wireless LAN (WLAN) services to outdoor areas for sites such as school campuses and resort complexes where Ethernet cabling is not available outdoors
- Economically deliver reliable, high-speed Wi-Fi services to dense user communities such as multi-dwelling units (MDUs), resort complexes and condominiums
- Improve mobile user experience by offloading data traffic from increasingly congested 3G cellular networks.
Ruckus Wireless’ dynamic beamforming is the latest Wi-Fi innovation that automatically directs transmissions to the best performing signal path on a per-packet basis using real-time feedback mechanisms inherent in the 802.11 protocol. The ability to adapt to changes in the RF environment on-the-fly results in three- to fourfold improvement in range/performance while providing wire-like reliability.
Designed for harsh outdoor conditions, the new Smart Wi-Fi products include:
The ZoneFlex 7762, the first centrally-managed, concurrent dual band 802.11n outdoor access point capable of sustaining performance of up to 150 Mbps over 1000 feet (300 meters) between meshed nodes and up to 50 Mbps to client devices over 500 feet (150 meters)
The ZoneFlex 2741, a centrally-managed 802.11g outdoor access point capable of sustaining performance of up to 30 Mbps over 1000 feet (300 meters) between mesh nodes and up to 25 Mbps over 500 feet (150 meters) to client devices
Available in August, the ZoneFlex 7762 is priced at US list $1,999. Available now, the ZoneFlex 2741 is priced at US list $899.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- AWS re:Invent Bets On Machine Learning To Outdo Rivals
- SBI To Use Blockchain For Smart Contracts
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 30-Nov 3)
- SPOT Forum To Throw Light On Securing A Cashless India
- How App Delivery Can Keep Pace With The Dynamic Market
- How Cisco Turns Jaipur Into A Digital, Smart City
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Dilipkumar Khandelwal Is New Head Of SAP HANA Cloud