Ruckus Wireless awarded wi-fi security patent
Ruckus Wireless has been granted a patent by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for an innovation that radically simplifies the configuration, administration and strength of wireless network security. This patent is one of nearly two dozen patents granted to Ruckus with dozens more pending approval.
The new technique, commonly known as Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK), effectively eliminates tedious and time-consuming manual installation of encryption keys, passphrases or user credentials needed to securely access a wireless network. Dynamic PSK changes this model by dynamically generating strong, unique security keys for each authenticated user, automatically installing these encryption keys on end user devices with little or no human intervention.
Using Dynamic PSK, organizations can now streamline the administration of wireless security with the confidence of knowing that their wireless network is protected. Integrated into all Ruckus ZoneDirector wireless LAN controllers at no cost, Dynamic PSK technology is device-independent and works on laptops and handheld Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- Indians Lack Awareness Of Malicious Cryptomining: Study
- Home Is Where IoT Is: Life In A Smart House
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Digital Workplaces Will Enhance Productivity, Says Zinnov