Ruckus Wireless awarded wi-fi security patent
Ruckus Wireless has been granted a patent by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for an innovation that radically simplifies the configuration, administration and strength of wireless network security. This patent is one of nearly two dozen patents granted to Ruckus with dozens more pending approval.
The new technique, commonly known as Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK), effectively eliminates tedious and time-consuming manual installation of encryption keys, passphrases or user credentials needed to securely access a wireless network. Dynamic PSK changes this model by dynamically generating strong, unique security keys for each authenticated user, automatically installing these encryption keys on end user devices with little or no human intervention.
Using Dynamic PSK, organizations can now streamline the administration of wireless security with the confidence of knowing that their wireless network is protected. Integrated into all Ruckus ZoneDirector wireless LAN controllers at no cost, Dynamic PSK technology is device-independent and works on laptops and handheld Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale
- 5 Ways To Future-Proof IoT Devices
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces