S. Ramadorai receives the Corporate Citizen Award
S. Ramadorai, the vice chairman of TCS was recognized with the Corporate Citizen Award by the Vijay Amritraj Foundation (VAF) in Beverly Hills recently. This award is an annual recognition of people from the corporate world who are actively involved in the field of CSR. The event took place in Los Angeles, California on October 30th.
“The Tata Group is a living example, perhaps the only such business conglomerate which places 65 percent of its shares in the hands of Tata trusts. Tata Consultancy Services the company that I have been with for 38 years of my life has leveraged its expertise in IT and software services to create new tools that enhance reach and efficiency of those that do charitable,” remarked S. Ramadorai.
In the past, the VAF has recognized Sir Ben Kingsley, Sir Sidney Poitier, and Presidents - George HW Bush and Bill Clinton.
Supporting about sixteen charities, VAF brings hope, help and healing to the defenseless and innocent victims of disease, tragedy and circumstance in India.
- How To Solve India's Acute E-Waste Crisis
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Infosys’ Blunder: Throwing Baby With The Bathwater
- Infosys Blames Mr. Murthy For Vishal Sikka’s Resignation
- Sharing Economy To Reach Over $40 Bn By 2022: Study
- CFOs Can Play An Apostle Role In The Digital Age
- Innovation Key To Startup Success In India: Study