S Tel Extends Footprints to Orissa
After the launch of its operations in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, last week, Batelco funded S Tel entered the Orissa market on Monday.
The company, which plans to expand its operations in half a dozen category C circles of the country in the next few months, said it intends to extend its mobile services in Bihar and Jharkhand by the year end.
The company has ISP license for Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, Assam, the North-East, Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh, among others.
S Tel is joint venture of Siva Group (formerly Sterling Infotech Group) and BMIC Limited, a subsidiary of Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco).
According to P Swaminathan, director of S Tel and Siva Group, the company is witnessing an exciting phase in telecom growth and expects the number of mobile users to double by 2015.
"We are excited to be playing our part in the growth of the telecom sector, which will contribute to India s economic growth and competitiveness," he said, adding S Tel’s services will be accessible to customers in Assam and the North-East by first quarter of 2010.
S Tel has appointed Shamik Das its chief executive officer and Sanjib Swain its chief operating officer for Orissa. By 2010 year end, the company aims to cover 90% of towns in the state, Das said.
S Tel’s two most-preferred tariff plans charge one paisa per second and 50 paisa per minute, respectively for STD and local outgoing calls.
- Attachmate Group bullish on Indian market
- e-Court launched in Orissa
- Debating India's place in the world: Nasscom ILF 2011
- RCom launches Netconnect Plus, wireless Internet service in Hassan
- Wipro launches ClickLoyalty, customer loyalty management solution
- Wipro leverages the cloud to boost Janalakshmi’s liability products business
- MNP will not be game changer, Uninor
- Infosys BPO awarded 5-star rating by BEE
- Securing Exchange mailboxes with MS Forefront
- Infosys BPO Gets New CEO