SafeNet, Aladdin Knowledge Under Common Mgmt
SafeNet, a global information security company, announced it will establish common management with Aladdin Knowledge Systems following the latter’s acquisition by Vector Capital, SafeNet’s private equity owner
With this merger, Aladdin product lines will be led by Prakash Panjwani, SafeNet’s senior vice president and general manager. Aladdin’s customer service and support functions will be combined with SafeNet’s global service and support structures, under the direction of Phil Saunders, SafeNet’s SVP of worldwide sales and customer services.
Commenting on the merger, Chris Fedde, president and COO, SafeNet, said, "With nearly $500 million of combined revenues, SafeNet and Aladdin represent a strong force, offering critical solutions in rights management and enterprise data protection for the world’s most important commercial and government customers. We will have a truly global information security franchise with more than 25,000 customers across 100 countries around the world."
The coming together of these two security companies will result in accelerated product development and bring to market integrated solutions. Aladdin’s authentication products range from one-time-password to public key tokens.
"We plan to expand the reach of these products to new markets, while enhancing usability and management of these tokens for enterprises that are fully aligned with the need for strong authentication and identity management solutions than ever before," said Panjwani.
Aladdin’s authentication and content filtering products will strengthen SafeNet’s enterprise data protection solutions for commercial and government customers. Also the software rights management (SRM) solutions will enhance SafeNet’s software anti-piracy products as well as allow SafeNet to broaden its entitlement management solutions for emerging software industry needs.
- How Banks Can Collectively Combat Security Threats
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL