Safexpress Adopts IBM Remote Data Center Solution
IBM said it has signed a five-year IT infrastructure management services deal with Safexpress Private Limited (Safexpress), India s leading supply chain & logistics company.
Under the deal, IBM will provide remote monitoring and management for Safexpress data center through its Global Management Center in Bangalore, which is integrated with NOC-i suite of tools. These tools would be extended to Safexpress end-users to help streamline daily reporting and resolution, reduce turn-around time and assure continuity of services with minimal service disruption or outages.
IBM s solution of remote data center management will also result in saving operational expenditure, required for setting up a dedicated on-site data center management model, and save 15 percent in operational costs in the first year for Safexpress, the company said in a release.
Pawan Jain, chairman & managing director, Safexpress, said, "IT plays a vital role in the supply chain & logistics business. We have been the pioneers in IT adoption in our industry, and at this juncture when our business growth is so high, we needed the expertise of a partner like IBM to help us manage our IT operations more efficiently. This partnership with IBM will definitely help us enhance our operational efficiencies."
"This deal with Safexpress, a well-known name in this industry, is a significant project for IBM due to the unique integrated infrastructure service delivery model. IBM is committed to helping clients focus on their core business by providing the best-in-class proven processes and tools for managing their IT operations efficiently," said Neeraj Sharma, director-integrated technology services, IBM India/South Asia.
Safexpress services 562 destinations all over India with over 3,500 GPS-enabled vehicles, providing express distribution, third-party logistics (3PL) services and supply chain consulting.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India