Safexpress Adopts IBM Remote Data Center Solution
IBM said it has signed a five-year IT infrastructure management services deal with Safexpress Private Limited (Safexpress), India s leading supply chain & logistics company.
Under the deal, IBM will provide remote monitoring and management for Safexpress data center through its Global Management Center in Bangalore, which is integrated with NOC-i suite of tools. These tools would be extended to Safexpress end-users to help streamline daily reporting and resolution, reduce turn-around time and assure continuity of services with minimal service disruption or outages.
IBM s solution of remote data center management will also result in saving operational expenditure, required for setting up a dedicated on-site data center management model, and save 15 percent in operational costs in the first year for Safexpress, the company said in a release.
Pawan Jain, chairman & managing director, Safexpress, said, "IT plays a vital role in the supply chain & logistics business. We have been the pioneers in IT adoption in our industry, and at this juncture when our business growth is so high, we needed the expertise of a partner like IBM to help us manage our IT operations more efficiently. This partnership with IBM will definitely help us enhance our operational efficiencies."
"This deal with Safexpress, a well-known name in this industry, is a significant project for IBM due to the unique integrated infrastructure service delivery model. IBM is committed to helping clients focus on their core business by providing the best-in-class proven processes and tools for managing their IT operations efficiently," said Neeraj Sharma, director-integrated technology services, IBM India/South Asia.
Safexpress services 562 destinations all over India with over 3,500 GPS-enabled vehicles, providing express distribution, third-party logistics (3PL) services and supply chain consulting.
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap