Salesforce Gets First Chief Equality Officer From Microsoft
In what is a new creation by Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, the CRM focused company just got itself the first Chief Equality Officer, Tony Phrophet. The interesting aspect of his appointment at Salesforce, is that he was the former Vice-President of education marketing and oversaw the expansion of Microsoft in the education sector.
In his new role, Prophet will be looking at issues like diversity, equal pay, and inclusion. He will be reporting directly to Marc Benioff, and will support him in his aim in being social aware and be an activist.
Tony Prophet was also in the news in the recent years, after he joined alongside Satya Nadella, the CEO, when he joined Microsoft in 2014. He had previously spent 8 years at HP, before he made the shift to Microsoft under Nadella’s stewardship. But as fate would have it for Microsoft, Benioff has recruited him after creating a new position for him altogether, and this is something which will never really miss the top of management’s eyes, considering Salesforce had recently bought out Quip for $750 million, which is direct competition to Microsoft Office 365 and Google Docs.
Both Microsoft and Salesforce have now developed a history of corporate rivalry of sorts, ever since the former bought out LinkedIn for $26 billion, which was what Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff had initially hunted for. This was a turn around considering both had a functional working relationship between them, with certain service components being mutual.
Coming to Prophet’s recruitment, Marc Benioff said in a statement, “Tony will be an incredible addition to our leadership team as our first Chief Equality Officer. His experience as a leader in technology companies and his deep commitment to social issues make him the perfect fit for this key role.”
These two executives also have a history of friendship predating a few years, considering both of them have a strong inclination towards philanthropy, and Prophet was invited to Salesforce’ annual conference in 2014 named Dreamforce, including a separate meeting with him.
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
- Salesforce And Google Form Strategic Partnership
- ITAM Aims To Reduce Software Spends Of CIOs
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 24-29)
- It's Time To Say Goodbye To Adobe Flash Player
- Is 3-D Drawing Going To Kill Microsoft Paint?