Salesforce launches Desk.com, extends CRM platform
The new tool is aimed at SMBs for delivering better customer service through the social and mobile media channels.
Deployment of social media as a key customer relations management (CRM) tool is increasing and so are the offerings in this space.
With the aim to empower small and medium businesses (SMBs), Salesforce launched a tool that now extends its customer relationship management (CRM) platform reach into the mobile and social networking arena.
Called Desk.com, the tool is a customer helpdesk dashboard that integrates Facebook and Twitter feeds alongside regular traditional corporate channels like email and phone calls.
“We built Desk.com so that every company can deliver personal customer service in a social and mobile world. Desk.com is social at its core; its mobile app instantly lets any employee, anywhere, deliver awesome customer service; and it can be deployed quickly and easily,” said Alex Bard, Vice President and General Manager, Desk.com.
Salesforce also introduced Desk.com Mobile, which runs on any device that supports HTML5, including iOS and Android devices. Users can respond to support cases using the same familiar filters from their desktop client and can access the entire macro library without having to type long replies. They can also re-assign, change groups, change status, change priority for cases, and modify customer information associated with cases.
Many enterprise CIOs want to have social integration features that enable them to gather insights into customer behaviour and products by integrating real-time social media conversations into their existing CRM methods.
According to Gartner, the worldwide social CRM market is forecast to reach over $1 billion in revenue by year-end 2012, up from approximately $625 million in 2010.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product