Salesforce.com partners with NTT Communications
Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, and NTT Communications (NTT Com) announced an agreement to establish a data center in Tokyo to support salesforce.com’s cloud computing services. As salesforce.com’s newest worldwide data center, the Tokyo facility will help support the company’s growing customer base in Japan once it is completed in 2011.
“NTT Com has been a trusted partner for many years, and we look forward to expanding our relationship with them on the new data center to support continued customer success in the region,” commented Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com
Japan’s cloud service market is expected to grow to around 2.4 billion yen by 2015, according to a Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications report. By opening a data center in Japan, salesforce.com expects to gain access to an advanced network that will further increase the speed of the company’s cloud computing services for Japanese and Asian customers.
“We have established a trusted relationship through our offering of Salesforce over VPN, and now we look forward to salesforce.com using our top-quality data center services to provide highly reliable cloud services,” remarked Shinobu Umino, senior executive vice president, NTT Com.
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business