Samsonite to Implement iStore Linux Across India
Polaris Retail Infotech Ltd. (PRIL), a retail software provider and a wholly owned subsidiary of Polaris Software Lab Ltd, has launched a Linux-powered Retail Store Management solution called ‘iStore Linux’. With the launch of iStore Linux, PRIL has also signed up Samsonite as a customer who will implement the retail store management solution across its 60 exclusive brand outlets across India.
This is the first SOA-based retail solution in India which is based on the open standards-based Java Platform. It is being bundled with IBM’s Retail Integration Framework. According to Polaris Retail, the combination of the SOA-based iStore application on a Linux system can bring the set-up and running cost of retail store software by half.
Other reasons cited for Samsonite (India) choosing PRIL’s iStore bundled with IBM’s Retail Integration Framework were scalability and flexibility.
"We have now made iStore available on Linux. This can significantly bring down the set up and run costs of POS (point of sale) application software to as low as 50% of the exiting costs. This is particularly useful for the large retailers with expanding network of brand outlets as every distribution of store software will be available at half the cost," said Mohit Oberoi, CEO, PRIL.
PRIL is now entering the US and Eastern Europe market with ‘Intellect Store’. The company has over 35,000 POS counters across the subcontinent.
- Here's How Top E-Retailers Gear For The Festive Sale
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year