SAN Kits From Hitachi For SMBs
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, provider of Application Optimized Storage solutions, has announced that it is offering Plug-and-play Storage Area Network (SAN) kits on its Hitachi TagmaStore Adaptable Modular Storage and Workgroup Modular Storage.
The SAN kit is a result of Hitachi’s collaboration with Microsoft and QLogic and is compatible with Microsoft Simple SAN for Windows Server 2003 initiative. With this product, the company aims to make SAN implementation and management simpler, easier and less costly for SMBs.
While implementing SAN, storage is uncoupled from servers and attached to a network where many servers can access the storage device. So SAN enables highly scalable and flexible storage resource allocation, better storage utilization and higher availability. Large organizations benefit from SAN implementation but smaller organizations find SAN to be expensive and difficult to install and manage.
The new SAN Kit enables SMBs to install a SAN quickly without on-site assistance. The kits, available in 2Gb/s or 4Gb/s configurations include all the hardware and software necessary to connect servers to a first SAN or to extend a SAN from the data center to a distant workgroup.
Jack Domme, Sr. VP, Global Solutions Strategy and Development at Hitachi said, “Our close collaboration with Microsoft and QLogic to bring to market Simple SAN solutions ensures that data belonging to any size organization is more secure, more accessible and more available than ever before.”
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 24-29)
- It's Time To Say Goodbye To Adobe Flash Player
- Is 3-D Drawing Going To Kill Microsoft Paint?
- Google To Double Headcount In India For Cloud Biz
- Infor Teams Up With LinkedIn To Empower CRM
- Microsoft CIO Jim DuBois Resigns, As layoffs Loom
- Microsoft's Cloud Focus Leads To Thousands Of Job Cuts
- How HDS Is Betting Big On Data And Analytics
- CRM To Get Smarter With Artificial Intelligence