SAP announces new manufacturing solutions
Underscoring a commitment to innovation for its manufacturing process as part of Industry 4.0, SAP AG today announced new releases of manufacturing solutions and updates for existing solutions covering engineering, manufacturing and sustainable operations. The announcement was made at Hannover Messe 2013, being held April 8-12 in Hanover, Germany.
This fourth industrial revolution, called Industry 4.0, offers the promise of bringing two worlds together—industrial manufacturing and next-generation IT—to create a new level of efficiency and effectiveness.
SAP is adapting Industry 4.0 principles through the development of “Idea to Performance,” a business approach to increase product and service performance. “Idea to Performance” incorporates enablement of new and existing solutions by SAP Business Suite software powered by the SAP HANA platform, first introduced in January 2013.
“Responsive Manufacturing” is planned to be underpinned by offerings powered by SAP HANA, including the SAP Overall Equipment Effectiveness Management (SAP OEE Management) application, which is planned to collect machine data via machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and transform it into analytical insights; the material requirement planning capability within the SAP ERP application, which aims to deliver high-speed reads for a 50 percent reduction in run time; and the SAP Product Portfolio Management application, which is intended to help improve the run time of critical project management transactions.
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- Making Digital Transactions Simpler And Secured
- Why AWS Is A Growth Engine For Indian Businesses
- New Technologies Drive Hiring In IT Sector: Survey
- Vishal Sikka's AI Venture To Boost Human Creativity: Report
- IIIT-H, TalentSprint Set To Make India AI-ML Ready
- How Enterprises Can Start Building Their AI-ML Capabilities