SAP announces new manufacturing solutions
Underscoring a commitment to innovation for its manufacturing process as part of Industry 4.0, SAP AG today announced new releases of manufacturing solutions and updates for existing solutions covering engineering, manufacturing and sustainable operations. The announcement was made at Hannover Messe 2013, being held April 8-12 in Hanover, Germany.
This fourth industrial revolution, called Industry 4.0, offers the promise of bringing two worlds together—industrial manufacturing and next-generation IT—to create a new level of efficiency and effectiveness.
SAP is adapting Industry 4.0 principles through the development of “Idea to Performance,” a business approach to increase product and service performance. “Idea to Performance” incorporates enablement of new and existing solutions by SAP Business Suite software powered by the SAP HANA platform, first introduced in January 2013.
“Responsive Manufacturing” is planned to be underpinned by offerings powered by SAP HANA, including the SAP Overall Equipment Effectiveness Management (SAP OEE Management) application, which is planned to collect machine data via machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and transform it into analytical insights; the material requirement planning capability within the SAP ERP application, which aims to deliver high-speed reads for a 50 percent reduction in run time; and the SAP Product Portfolio Management application, which is intended to help improve the run time of critical project management transactions.
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- AWS re:Invent Bets On Machine Learning To Outdo Rivals
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- Five Big Data Trends To Influence AI In 2018
- 10 Trends Redefining Enterprise IT Infrastructure
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- India's Insurance Sector Undergoing Massive Digital Disruption