SAP considers Hindi to localize software in India
SAP Labs is now considering implementing Hindi for localization of software solutions in India. The software company has 4300 customers in India of which 75 percent are small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The company even though was present in India for a long time felt there was no demand for Hindi earlier. However, it has software in 38 languages including Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, French etc in 140 countries.
Talking to CXOtoday, Elena Maria Ordonez del Campo, senior vice-president, Globalization Services, SAP Labs said, "We are committed to the Indian market and if the demand is there will consider Hindi language. Earlier Hindi was not driven In India but now we see the demand arising slowly."
"English is the business language and is widely used across the country. However, Hindi is now driven by the demand coming in mostly from PSU," she added.
SAP focus has recently been on the public sector undertakings and SME in India who are pushing for Hindi localization. The SAP board members will decide depending on the potential business and investment involved in the local language. It is also driven by the subsidiaries of SAP Labs that are spread across in China, India, Brazil, USA, Germany, Israel, Hungary and Canada.
The globalization strategy in India involves internationalization, functional localization and translation of SAP’s solutions both for large and midsize market enterprises. In India, SAP is localizing its development to ensure it addresses the most pertinent issues that the Indian enterprises can address effectively by using global business practices with Indian tax compliance supporting, logistics and financial and statutory related matters.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 19-24)
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- India’s Digital Payments Will Touch USD 1-Tn By 2022: Report
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 12-17)