SAP Drives Communities Around Green IT
SAP, together with key members of its ecosystem, announced a new community focused on facilitating "Green IT" collaboration and solution creation at the ongoing third annual Virtualization Week event, being held in Palo Alto, Calif..
Also, SAP is demonstrating to its customers and partners how virtualization is currently used in SAP landscapes as well as future trends and issues.
The SAP Green IT Community members include Brown-Forman Corporation, Citrix, Colgate, EMC, F5, Fujitsu, HP, Intel, Network Appliance Inc., Novell, Sun Microsystems, T-Systems and VMware.
"In this cost-sensitive economic environment, many IT organizations see virtualization as the natural first step of their Green IT journey," said Peter Graf, chief sustainability officer and executive vice president of Sustainability Solutions, SAP. "We witness a growing number of our customers adopt virtualization for greater parts of their IT landscape - enjoying fast return on investment, lower energy consumption and a reduced carbon footprint."
The Green IT Community members will collaborate in a dedicated online environment hosted by SAP to exchange ideas, discuss industry trends and customer needs, and provide guidance on future product development and co-innovation opportunities. More companies will be invited to join as collaboration efforts intensify, SAP said in a release.
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'