SAP Drives Communities Around Green IT
SAP, together with key members of its ecosystem, announced a new community focused on facilitating "Green IT" collaboration and solution creation at the ongoing third annual Virtualization Week event, being held in Palo Alto, Calif..
Also, SAP is demonstrating to its customers and partners how virtualization is currently used in SAP landscapes as well as future trends and issues.
The SAP Green IT Community members include Brown-Forman Corporation, Citrix, Colgate, EMC, F5, Fujitsu, HP, Intel, Network Appliance Inc., Novell, Sun Microsystems, T-Systems and VMware.
"In this cost-sensitive economic environment, many IT organizations see virtualization as the natural first step of their Green IT journey," said Peter Graf, chief sustainability officer and executive vice president of Sustainability Solutions, SAP. "We witness a growing number of our customers adopt virtualization for greater parts of their IT landscape - enjoying fast return on investment, lower energy consumption and a reduced carbon footprint."
The Green IT Community members will collaborate in a dedicated online environment hosted by SAP to exchange ideas, discuss industry trends and customer needs, and provide guidance on future product development and co-innovation opportunities. More companies will be invited to join as collaboration efforts intensify, SAP said in a release.
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- Intel Imparts AI Training To 9,500 Techies
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Sept 11-15)