SAP Enables Indian Oil Reduce Downtime
Indian Oil Corporation, India s largest commercial enterprise with 49% market share, has upgraded SAP R/3 4.6 C, and implemented SAP ERP 6.0 to overcome oil and business complexities. The corporation finally reduced downtime after several mock drills.
S. Ramasamy, executive director (IS), IOC, said, IOC facilitates a large amount of transactions, and has largest number of refineries, and huge pipeline network. Besides technological advancements that can boost oil and gas business processes, our challenge was to keep downtime as minimum as possible. The IT road map of IOC includes SAP ERP 6.0, supply chain management system as well as NetWeaver process integration technology and line of business applications, he said.
We upgraded SAP R/3 4.6 C, and implemented SAP ERP 6.0, and moved database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g, said Ramasamy. He said the IT team finally validated 284 processes out of 1,259, and mock drill initially took 120 hours and finally managed to bring downtime to 22 hours.
The upgrade was a painful job and required a lot of time-consuming testing. In addition, IOC realigned some processes and redeployed hardware, he said.
As IOC has a large database with oil business complexities, it has done GUI upgrade across the corporation. Now each of our system has become highly customized, and we have installed solution manager, new SAP GUI version, and managed to reduce downtime, Ramasamy said.
As a flagship national oil company, Indian Oil Corporation operates 10 refineries and more than 32,000 sales terminals as well as maintains over 9,200 kilometers of country-wide pipeline network.
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- 5 Things To Expect If Bitcoins Are Legalized In India
- Top 10 FinTech Trends Of 2018