SAP extends enterprise social media strategy
Enterprise application software firm SAP partnered with social media analysis tools provider NetBase to provide enterprises with real-time analytics for understanding their markets and customers.
As per the agreement, SAP will resell NetBase’s solutions as the SAP Social Media Analytics application by NetBase.
The move from SAP comes after the acquisition of NetBase competitor Radian6 by Salesforce.com earlier this year, and Oracle’s recent $1.5 billion acquisition of RightNow.
According to a media statement, SAP Social Media Analytics, sold and supported by SAP as a solution extension product, delivers marketers accurate real-time analytics for understanding their markets and customers through the social Web. It processes billions of social media posts across millions of sites globally to extract structured insights and metrics that enterprises can use to quickly discover market needs and trends, quantify perceptions about products, services and companies, and effectively track their success in the market.
“NetBase offers scalable, more accurate technology; tools that are easy to integrate with SAP solutions; and iterative analysis capabilities that will allow businesses to take advantage of social media as a strategic data source,” said Sanjay Poonen, President, Global Solutions, SAP.
SAP and NetBase have many mutual clients like Coca-Cola, Kraft, and J.D. Power and Associates. As per reports, the partnership will help customers integrate their SAP software with NetBase’s social media monitoring applications.
A report written by Forrester analyst Zach Hofer-Shall in October, says, “Too many companies remain trapped by merely monitoring or passively collecting social media. Few actually reach Social Intelligence to drive their marketing and business strategy using the data that social media creates. Today, companies underutilize social data and often leave it sitting in its own silo. By keeping social media in listening silos, companies are missing the biggest opportunity to connect social data with other customer data for deeper Social Intelligence.”
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- CRO Initiatives Lead To Greater Customer Satisfaction: Study
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities