SAP, HP Offer Print Management Capabilities
HP and SAP AG have announced that SAP will use output management technology of HP to offer print management capabilities for its NetWeaver customers.
The print and output management technology of HP is chosen as the preferred strategic platform, and the companies would jointly develop output management solutions for helping customers rapidly and reliably manage information throughout organizations.
With central print management capabilities in SAP NetWeaver, customers can define, manage and track document delivery for business-critical processes from a single location. This would help streamline business workflows, reduce administration costs and further increase reliability of printing in document-dependent business processes. This unified interface would help companies improve the reliability of print output, optimize printer use and increase control over the SAP enterprise-wide printing landscape, claimed the companies.
With SAP NetWeaver being a platform for information delivery, job bursting and web delivery offerings, HP is planning to make it easier so that customers can integrate enterprise applications with multi-channel output management web services.
“SAP selected HP for its unique output management competencies,” said Klaus Kreplin, Executive VP, SAP NetWeaver, SAP.
HP would be adopting service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based technologies to make it easier so that customers take advantage of output management technology in more business processes than currently possible.
Easier integration, customization and extension would drive cost-of-ownership down and expand access to this technology. Using HP SOA offerings, customers seeking multi-channel information delivery would be able to upgrade from central print management to future deployments of HP Output Management.
The new capabilities are planned to be available in June for customers running mySAP Business Suite applications and using SAP NetWeaver.
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- Fintech Revolution: How India, APAC Cos Are Moving Ahead
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps