SAP, HP Offer Print Management Capabilities
HP and SAP AG have announced that SAP will use output management technology of HP to offer print management capabilities for its NetWeaver customers.
The print and output management technology of HP is chosen as the preferred strategic platform, and the companies would jointly develop output management solutions for helping customers rapidly and reliably manage information throughout organizations.
With central print management capabilities in SAP NetWeaver, customers can define, manage and track document delivery for business-critical processes from a single location. This would help streamline business workflows, reduce administration costs and further increase reliability of printing in document-dependent business processes. This unified interface would help companies improve the reliability of print output, optimize printer use and increase control over the SAP enterprise-wide printing landscape, claimed the companies.
With SAP NetWeaver being a platform for information delivery, job bursting and web delivery offerings, HP is planning to make it easier so that customers can integrate enterprise applications with multi-channel output management web services.
“SAP selected HP for its unique output management competencies,” said Klaus Kreplin, Executive VP, SAP NetWeaver, SAP.
HP would be adopting service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based technologies to make it easier so that customers take advantage of output management technology in more business processes than currently possible.
Easier integration, customization and extension would drive cost-of-ownership down and expand access to this technology. Using HP SOA offerings, customers seeking multi-channel information delivery would be able to upgrade from central print management to future deployments of HP Output Management.
The new capabilities are planned to be available in June for customers running mySAP Business Suite applications and using SAP NetWeaver.
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- How Much Of Human Jobs Will Be Performed By Machines?
- How To Build A Workforce Of Relentless Change Agents
- Why IT Pros Must Learn New Era Tech To Stay Relevant
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions