SAP, IIM-S extend village e-enablement to Meghalaya
SAP India, as part of its CSR activities, announced an initiative to improve citizen services and village administration in the Shillong region by deploying a Cloud based e-governance solution. This is an extension of a similar model that SAP pioneered with the SODA village in Rajasthan. In order to ensure transformation at the grassroots, SAP has collaborated with the Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management-Shillong (RGIIM-S) for this project.
“Contributing to the development of rural India is a major focus of SAP’s CSR initiatives” said, Peter Gartenberg, Managing Director, SAP India. “By collaborating with RGIIM-S, We are striving to make village administration more effective, transparent and accountable in delivering citizen services. We intend to effectively use our expertise in the North East region and create a scalable model to go to the 600,000 similar villages across India”
As a part of the project, SAP will automate several operational areas including, tracking & control of funds; budget and expense management, accounting; management of local assets; project & scheme implementation and citizen services. SAP will also facilitate trained resources to operate the solution, and provide its expertise during the course of the project. RGIIM-S will provide SAP with the necessary advisory support to gain understanding of the local environment, help identify project sites and liaison with local administration bodies where required.
“SAP’s project for the Mawlai area will provide the local headman and citizens reliable access to records and services, better insight into budgeting and spending, and support quicker decision making, without a complex and cumbersome IT infrastructure”, said, Prof Keya Sengupta, Director, RGIIM-S.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz