SAP, IIM-S extend village e-enablement to Meghalaya
SAP India, as part of its CSR activities, announced an initiative to improve citizen services and village administration in the Shillong region by deploying a Cloud based e-governance solution. This is an extension of a similar model that SAP pioneered with the SODA village in Rajasthan. In order to ensure transformation at the grassroots, SAP has collaborated with the Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management-Shillong (RGIIM-S) for this project.
“Contributing to the development of rural India is a major focus of SAP’s CSR initiatives” said, Peter Gartenberg, Managing Director, SAP India. “By collaborating with RGIIM-S, We are striving to make village administration more effective, transparent and accountable in delivering citizen services. We intend to effectively use our expertise in the North East region and create a scalable model to go to the 600,000 similar villages across India”
As a part of the project, SAP will automate several operational areas including, tracking & control of funds; budget and expense management, accounting; management of local assets; project & scheme implementation and citizen services. SAP will also facilitate trained resources to operate the solution, and provide its expertise during the course of the project. RGIIM-S will provide SAP with the necessary advisory support to gain understanding of the local environment, help identify project sites and liaison with local administration bodies where required.
“SAP’s project for the Mawlai area will provide the local headman and citizens reliable access to records and services, better insight into budgeting and spending, and support quicker decision making, without a complex and cumbersome IT infrastructure”, said, Prof Keya Sengupta, Director, RGIIM-S.
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities