SAP Sees $4 Bn Cloud Market In India With S/4 Hana Launch
ERP services provider SAP recently launched its public cloud offering called Hana in the India market. With this launch, the compny expects India to be among the top cloud markets globally by 2020, with a USD 4.1-billion market opportunity. SAP S/4 Hana Public Cloud was globally launched last year, and is powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence and can help companies become more intelligent entities.
Hana is SAP’s database which was launched back in 2010, while S/4 Hana Public Cloud is an enterprise resource planning software that functions in real-time and was first launched in 2015 and runs on Hana.
“As Indian enterprises aim to enter new markets and engage with their consumers across a variety of channels, SAP S/4 HANA brings unprecedented innovation, combined with more than 40 years of experience across industries”, said Ravi Chauhan, Managing Director, SAP India at the launch. He believes, India is an early adopter for new generation technology in the last one decade. We are confident our customers will derive real-time business opportunities by adopting S/4 HANA the innovation platform designed to drive their growth.” he added.
“India is expected to be among the top cloud markets in the world by 2020, with a $4.1-billion business opportunity,” Melissa Di Donato, chief revenue officer, Hana Cloud at SAP, said at the launch of the new public cloud platform. “By making our digital core all pervasive through Hana public cloud, SAP’s market leadership in ERP space is poised to be replicated in the cloud as well,” she added.
The company has been present in the country since past two decades and is the second largest subsidiary of the US company in terms of resources employed with over 12,000 people under its rolls. “SAP India has around 10,000 customers in India, of which around 80 percent are SMEs,” said Deb Deep Sengupta, president and managing director for SAP Indian subcontinent.
Meanwhile, Gartner projected India’s public cloud services revenue to grow at 37.5 percent in 2018 to $2.5 billion, up from $1.8 billion in 2017. Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) will be the fastest growing segment of the public cloud market, according to Gartner, which will hit the USD 1-billion mark this year, an increase of 46 percent over 2017.
- How Salesforces Helps iQor In Its Digital Transformation Journey
- India's Online Smartphone Sales Grabs 35 pc of Total Market: Canalys
- Govt, Large Enterprises Drive India's IT Networking Growth: IDC
- Blockchain To Save Financial Cos USD 40 Bn Per Year: Study
- 8 Enterprise Applications Of VR & AR
- New Economy Forum In Singapore To Address Business Challenges
- HCI To Bring More Exciting Opportunities In The Indian Market
- Cloud Monitoring: 9 Best Practices You Need To Adopt
- Bahrain FinTech Bay To Collaborate With Global Leaders To Drive Growth
- The Bots Are Here, And That's Great News!