SAP Powers Bharti Retail’s Supply Chain
Bharti Retail, a part of Bharti Enterprise and a leading multi-brand retailer in India, which has 210 stores across key cities in 11 states, will utilize retail solutions from SAP to manage retail processes, including supply chain and store operations. The IT implementation aims to build a solid foundation for the future and enable Bharti Retail to offer better retail experience to Indian consumers, it said in a statement.
Raj Jain, CEO, Bharti Retail, said, “With SAP, we aim to add power to our cart and thereby redefine the overall retail experience for any customer who walks in to our store.”
As part of the IT deal, Bharti Retail has also decided to leverage OEM SAP Max Attention services to lower the risks, safeguard the BRL IT initiatives and deliver extreme value to its business. Product engineers /Architects are engaged to help construct a scalable retail business model by addressing perceived gaps and open issues.
SAP said this implementation helped to reduce the cost of implementation and achieves business transformation through the implementation of SAP solutions.
Deb Deep Sengupta, chief operating officer, SAP India, said, “Responding to the need for richer customer engagement regardless of department, location or interaction channel makes SAP a top choice for companies in Retail looking to create lasting connections with their customers.”
Bharti Retail reportedly hired Accenture to support the implementation of SAP. As part of the deal, Accenture will roll out SAP ERP application and data management software, along with solutions for merchandising, forecasting, promotion management and fulfillment. Accenture will also implement analytics, planning and financial solutions from SAP to improve speed of reporting across the organization.
Recently, SAP said NTUC FairPrice, the largest supermarket chain in Singapore, will simplify its architecture to reduce TCO and accelerate the performance of their SAP system by replacing Oracle with HANA’s in-memory database, suite on HANA will deliver a platform of growth and innovation, while lowering cost for NTUC FairPrice.
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- AR-VR To Become Enterprise Reality In 3-4 Years: Study
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- Enhancing User Experience With Hi-Tech Retail Outlets
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- C-Suite Lessons: How To Secure Enterprise Network