SAP Powers Bharti Retail’s Supply Chain
Bharti Retail, a part of Bharti Enterprise and a leading multi-brand retailer in India, which has 210 stores across key cities in 11 states, will utilize retail solutions from SAP to manage retail processes, including supply chain and store operations. The IT implementation aims to build a solid foundation for the future and enable Bharti Retail to offer better retail experience to Indian consumers, it said in a statement.
Raj Jain, CEO, Bharti Retail, said, “With SAP, we aim to add power to our cart and thereby redefine the overall retail experience for any customer who walks in to our store.”
As part of the IT deal, Bharti Retail has also decided to leverage OEM SAP Max Attention services to lower the risks, safeguard the BRL IT initiatives and deliver extreme value to its business. Product engineers /Architects are engaged to help construct a scalable retail business model by addressing perceived gaps and open issues.
SAP said this implementation helped to reduce the cost of implementation and achieves business transformation through the implementation of SAP solutions.
Deb Deep Sengupta, chief operating officer, SAP India, said, “Responding to the need for richer customer engagement regardless of department, location or interaction channel makes SAP a top choice for companies in Retail looking to create lasting connections with their customers.”
Bharti Retail reportedly hired Accenture to support the implementation of SAP. As part of the deal, Accenture will roll out SAP ERP application and data management software, along with solutions for merchandising, forecasting, promotion management and fulfillment. Accenture will also implement analytics, planning and financial solutions from SAP to improve speed of reporting across the organization.
Recently, SAP said NTUC FairPrice, the largest supermarket chain in Singapore, will simplify its architecture to reduce TCO and accelerate the performance of their SAP system by replacing Oracle with HANA’s in-memory database, suite on HANA will deliver a platform of growth and innovation, while lowering cost for NTUC FairPrice.
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- Digital Workplaces Will Enhance Productivity, Says Zinnov
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations
- GDPR Law Boosts Cyber Security Jobs in India: Study
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO