SAP Says BI Interest to Continue
SAP said that in spite of the economic recession enterprises
are showing interest in BI solutions, especially business planning tools.
SAP was among the first companies to admit that the
financial crisis had lead to a revenue drop in its software and software-related
services in the closing weeks of September 08. Last week, talking
exclusively to CXOtoday, Sanjay Deshmukh, newly appointed VP (Business User
Group) of SAP
subcontinent said the economic climate has made enterprise choosy and smart
when it comes to investing in technology.
This does not necessarily mean that they have become stingy,
but Deshmukh did say that IT investments are being made in a more controlled
manner, with companies only buying the essentials. One are where there is
traction is in business planning tools. In fact, most of our (The Business User
Group s) deals recently in the region have been made in the business planning
The Business User Division, the enterprise applications arm
of SAP, focuses on four horizontals, viz:
Performance Management (EPM) - This includes business planning, strategy
management, spend analysis, financial planning, etc.
* Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC)
* Business Intelligence (BI)
* Information/Data Management
Deshmukh also said that they have seen more emphasis on GRC from customers. For
the coming year, SAP continues to see the Asian BFSI, telecom, retail verticals
as the ones with most revenue potential when it comes to their enterprise
applications offerings. Interestingly, Deshmukh said that the Indian government
sector (i.e. government agencies, etc.) could leapfrog other verticals and
become one of the top users of BI solutions in the future.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 12-17)
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- AI Interest Among CIOs Is Huge, But Deployment Is Low
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business