SAP takes its HANA to the Cloud
SAP AG has announced the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service, a cloud-based offering designed to provide enterprises to analyze data from SAP Business Suite applications in the cloud. Therefore, going forward, running mission-critical SAP ERP, SAP CRM, SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse and new and unprecedented applications powered by SAP HANA will be possible as a managed cloud service with elastic petabyte scale. SAP aims to enable organisations to realise faster time-to-value coupled with lower total cost of ownership, and enjoy flexibility and reliability from the new solution. According to the company, the Core SAP Business Suite applications powered by SAP HANA, announced earlier this year, have been met with widespread interest and enthusiasm. Customers around the world recognise the value of running their enterprise in real time. In recent years, many have been quick to embrace the numerous advantages offered by the cloud.“With SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, we are addressing a fundamental customer need that we have seen since we first launched HANA,” said Dr. Vishal Sikka, member of the Executive Board of SAP AG, Technology and Innovation. “Customers want more and more options in how they take advantage of the value SAP HANA brings. With the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, we are delivering HANA at scale with instant value and no compromise. We are simplifying customers’ experience and expanding their choice in how they want to adopt SAP HANA, now bringing it to a massive scale for enterprise mission critical applications – and we are doing this without disruption through the cloud.”SAP plans to deliver the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud along with its partners in an “open + us” strategy. SAP intends to adapt this open ecosystem strategy with its managed service providers to offer the capabilities of SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud from their datacentres, as well as from multiple SAP datacentres worldwide.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner