SAP taps big data with launch of predictive analysis software
The new application includes an easy to use interface for designing predictive models then visualizing, discovering, and sharing insights.
SAP updated its business intelligence (BI) Business Objects portfolio by introducing new predictive analysis software to provide users with predictive modeling and advanced visualization.
“The application fills the void for our customers, both Business Objects standalone and joint Business Objects and SAP. It also strengthens the completeness of our analytics portfolio,” blogged Mani Gill, Vice President and General Manager of Business Intelligence Solutions at SAP.
The company said that the software is currently available via the SAP Ramp-Up program, and will reveal the value of big data when used with its HANA platform.
Gill wrote that the new application includes a modern, easy to use interface for designing predictive models then visualizing, discovering, and sharing insights. “It includes its own predictive algorithms and integrates with the R open-source statistical function library. The solution is being extended and embedded in BI and business applications where those users already work, on the web, on-demand, and on mobile devices.”
The tool can access other vendor databases such as Sybase, SQL, Oracle, etc. and also flat files and spreadsheets, and pull data from SAP BusinessObjects Universes.
“Predictive capabilities help businesses explore and identify the opportunities and risks hiding in the sea of all that big data. SAP’s integrated approach to predictive analytics helps more users learn not only what has happened, but also understand why it happened, what might happen and what the best course of action is,” said Dan Vesset, vice president, Business Analytics Solutions, IDC.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Diwali Shopping
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer