SAP taps big data with launch of predictive analysis software
The new application includes an easy to use interface for designing predictive models then visualizing, discovering, and sharing insights.
SAP updated its business intelligence (BI) Business Objects portfolio by introducing new predictive analysis software to provide users with predictive modeling and advanced visualization.
“The application fills the void for our customers, both Business Objects standalone and joint Business Objects and SAP. It also strengthens the completeness of our analytics portfolio,” blogged Mani Gill, Vice President and General Manager of Business Intelligence Solutions at SAP.
The company said that the software is currently available via the SAP Ramp-Up program, and will reveal the value of big data when used with its HANA platform.
Gill wrote that the new application includes a modern, easy to use interface for designing predictive models then visualizing, discovering, and sharing insights. “It includes its own predictive algorithms and integrates with the R open-source statistical function library. The solution is being extended and embedded in BI and business applications where those users already work, on the web, on-demand, and on mobile devices.”
The tool can access other vendor databases such as Sybase, SQL, Oracle, etc. and also flat files and spreadsheets, and pull data from SAP BusinessObjects Universes.
“Predictive capabilities help businesses explore and identify the opportunities and risks hiding in the sea of all that big data. SAP’s integrated approach to predictive analytics helps more users learn not only what has happened, but also understand why it happened, what might happen and what the best course of action is,” said Dan Vesset, vice president, Business Analytics Solutions, IDC.
- All You Need To Know About Facebook-Cambridge Data Leak Saga
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- Entrepreneurship Perceptions On Rise In India: GEM Report
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP