SAP to expand enterprise mobile offerings with Syclo acquisition
The company aims to drive growth and innovation in core applications, analytics, enterprise mobility, cloud and database and technology.
SAP said that it will acquire Syclo, a provider of enterprise mobile applications and technologies, without disclosing the financial terms of the deal.
“Syclo brings both domain-savvy expertise and industry-leading solutions, as recognized by customers and analysts. This will drive innovation and mobility in the workplace,” said Sanjay Poonen, President, Global Solutions, SAP.
The move by SAP comes as businesses increasingly adopt smart devices and enterprise mobility in the workplace. Mobile phones are expected to overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide by 2013, according to Gartner.
The acquisition is the latest step by SAP in its strategy to drive growth and innovation in core applications, analytics, enterprise mobility, cloud and database and technology.
SAP said that addition of Syclo’s expertise in building and selling mobile solutions in industries such as utilities, oil and gas, life sciences and manufacturing will immediately enhance its mobile solutions. It will also accelerate the adoption and deployment of new mobile asset management and field service solutions on Sybase Unwired Platform, part of the SAP mobile platform and the company’s infrastructure for developing and managing mobile apps.
In May 2010, SAP had acquired Sybase to add database, mobile infrastructure and real-time analytics solutions to its portfolio.
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities