SAP to expand enterprise mobile offerings with Syclo acquisition
The company aims to drive growth and innovation in core applications, analytics, enterprise mobility, cloud and database and technology.
SAP said that it will acquire Syclo, a provider of enterprise mobile applications and technologies, without disclosing the financial terms of the deal.
“Syclo brings both domain-savvy expertise and industry-leading solutions, as recognized by customers and analysts. This will drive innovation and mobility in the workplace,” said Sanjay Poonen, President, Global Solutions, SAP.
The move by SAP comes as businesses increasingly adopt smart devices and enterprise mobility in the workplace. Mobile phones are expected to overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide by 2013, according to Gartner.
The acquisition is the latest step by SAP in its strategy to drive growth and innovation in core applications, analytics, enterprise mobility, cloud and database and technology.
SAP said that addition of Syclo’s expertise in building and selling mobile solutions in industries such as utilities, oil and gas, life sciences and manufacturing will immediately enhance its mobile solutions. It will also accelerate the adoption and deployment of new mobile asset management and field service solutions on Sybase Unwired Platform, part of the SAP mobile platform and the company’s infrastructure for developing and managing mobile apps.
In May 2010, SAP had acquired Sybase to add database, mobile infrastructure and real-time analytics solutions to its portfolio.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security