Sapnesh Lalla Takes Charge As The CEO Of NIIT
NIIT Limited has named Sapnesh Lalla as the Chief Executive Officer of the company. He has been leading NIIT’s Global Corporate Business earlier. As the CEO, Lalla’s focus would be to drive forward strategies aligned to the requirements of the economy that is witnessing digital disruption.
Vijay Thadani, Vice Chairman & MD, NIIT Limited said, ”We are delighted to have Sapnesh Lalla taking charge of the company at a time when our business transformation initiatives have started to yield results and the company is firmly back on a growth path. With his global experience and clear understanding of disruptions that the economy is currently undergoing, Sapnesh will be responsible for establishing NIIT as a leader in the digital learning space.”
Lalla joined NIIT in 1992 as a Project Lead in the Learning Content Development team and has since held various management and leadership roles in product management, customer support, channel development, sales, and support functions.
Prior to his appointment as CEO, Lalla served as the President of NIIT’s Global Corporate Business, which constitutes nearly seventy percent of NIIT’s total business. He led critical initiatives for the expansion of the company in North America and Europe including significant acquisitions like Cognitive Arts and Element K.
“The world is going through a spate of very substantial disruptions. “Digital” is changing how we and our customers do and will do everything. The millennial workforce works and learns differently. Soon we will have an average lifespan of 100 years. Education and Training are the best-known enablers of change. As I look ahead, I see a great opportunity for us to create new value for our customers and grow.” said Lalla.
Lalla is an Electronics and Communications Engineer and received his Executive Education at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. He was selected into the Managing Director’s Quality Club and has received the Global Leadership Award twice in 2001 and 2010.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- Digital Workplaces Will Enhance Productivity, Says Zinnov
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story