SAS gets a new India Research & Development Director
Moti Thadani has joined SAS to head the India research and development organization based out of Pune. He will be responsible for driving R&D operations in India, managing new programs and activities to support existing SAS products and solutions, as well as facilitating the introduction of new ones for SAS customers based in India.
“Business analytics has become the much needed competitive weapon for organizational decision making today and SAS leads the analytics market in India with more than 51 percent share,” Sudipta K Sen, Regional Director South East Asia, CEO and MD, SAS India.
“With more than 20 years of experience in the enterprise software industry, Moti’s expertise will be extremely valuable to our R&D group in India,” said Andy Diggelmann, SAS vice president of R&D for planning, strategy and operations. “His software engineering and management background will further enhance our already top-notch R&D team.”
Thadani said, “At SAS, Research & Development investment as a percentage of revenues is one of the highest in the industry. Our R&D center in Pune has matured in the 10 years since its inception and today contributes significantly to the business analytics offerings and to the suite of industry specific solutions thus making it a great resource for SAS customers in India and the region.”
Thadani has experience with software engineering and management that has been gained at companies like Sun Microsystems, TIBCO and IBM amongst others in the US and in India. Thadani also has four US patents in the area of distributed computing to his name.
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience