SAS to Focus on BI for HCM
SAS, one of the largest pure play business intelligence vendors is scaling its India presence. The vendor recently extended its system integrator partnership with Wipro and TCS nad has now announced that it will introduce more products for Indian enterprises.
“We see a lot of revenue growth across the enterprise segment; and we will essentially target enterprises that do not have business intelligence (BI) and business analytics (BA) expertise in human capital management. The rest of the business from other verticals would continue to grow,” said Russ Cobb, vice president (alliances and product marketing) of SAS.
Although, SAS has been directly present in the country for sometime now, the vendor was slow’ to tap the BI potential in the India market. Confirming the same Cobb said, “The business intelligence and the business analytics technologies are not the same as enterprise resource planning (ERP) deployments. India back then was getting ready for ERP. We were waiting for it to evolve for BI. The market is now mature and ready for BI and BA, and we are therefore, scaling operations here.”
SAS is planning to enter new customer segments through system integrator partnerships. While its direct sales force will continue to scout for fresh customers, it will jointly address the market with SIs for mutual customers.
Some of its customers in India include the HDFC bank, the Syndicate bank, and also customers in the manufacturing and government sectors.
Globally, SAS has technology and SI partnership with more than 100 companies including Accenture, CapGemini and Teradata. It is also learnt that the SAS is verticalizing its offerings.
SAS and Teradata in Strategic Alliance
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study