SAS to Focus on BI for HCM
SAS, one of the largest pure play business intelligence vendors is scaling its India presence. The vendor recently extended its system integrator partnership with Wipro and TCS nad has now announced that it will introduce more products for Indian enterprises.
“We see a lot of revenue growth across the enterprise segment; and we will essentially target enterprises that do not have business intelligence (BI) and business analytics (BA) expertise in human capital management. The rest of the business from other verticals would continue to grow,” said Russ Cobb, vice president (alliances and product marketing) of SAS.
Although, SAS has been directly present in the country for sometime now, the vendor was slow’ to tap the BI potential in the India market. Confirming the same Cobb said, “The business intelligence and the business analytics technologies are not the same as enterprise resource planning (ERP) deployments. India back then was getting ready for ERP. We were waiting for it to evolve for BI. The market is now mature and ready for BI and BA, and we are therefore, scaling operations here.”
SAS is planning to enter new customer segments through system integrator partnerships. While its direct sales force will continue to scout for fresh customers, it will jointly address the market with SIs for mutual customers.
Some of its customers in India include the HDFC bank, the Syndicate bank, and also customers in the manufacturing and government sectors.
Globally, SAS has technology and SI partnership with more than 100 companies including Accenture, CapGemini and Teradata. It is also learnt that the SAS is verticalizing its offerings.
SAS and Teradata in Strategic Alliance
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- CIO's Five-Point RPA Planning Success Formula
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018