SatNav Products to Feature Enhanced SOI Maps
SatNav Technologies, a GPS navigation company in India, has tied up with Survey of India (SOI), India’s mapping agency, to use its maps and build value-added products for consumers.
The agreement allows SatNav to release the SOI-approved digital maps and custom map content within the public domain for commercial use in a range of navigation and location-based solutions (LBS) in the mobile and personal navigation system.
SatNav also announced that they are releasing an enhanced map data base, being created since the year 2000, to now cover 404 cities and 16 lakh Points of Interest (POIs). The enhanced maps would have features like more POI content, accuracy, road network validation, gap in median and turn restrictions. The maps are constantly enhanced and on the anvil are plans to grow this to 500 cities, 30 lakh destinations, and ultimately the 6 lakh villages across the country.
Its tie up with SOI will help SatNav comply with the regulations of the Government of India and the provisions of the National Mapping Policy while offering improved solutions to its consumers.
Amit Prasad, founder and CEO of SatNav Technologies, said the tie up with Survey of India will instill more confidence in its existing clients and partners. "We’re constantly building navigation applications keeping in mind our end-user and through this map enhancement we expect to meet the growing market demand for navigation, map and location-based services and technologies."
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses