Satyam BPO Appoints New COO
Satyam Computer Services Ltd., a global consulting and information technology services provider, announced today that Satyam BPO, its business process outsourcing arm, has appointed Vijay Rangineni as Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Rangineni’s appointment as COO comes at an opportune time when Satyam BPO is strengthening its focus on specialty offerings after being ranked a global number 2 BPO in the Brown-Wilson’s Black Book of Outsourcing. Primarily he will be responsible for driving business transformation across customer engagements, a critical component to stay ahead in the marketplace, according to a release submitted to the BSE.
Prior to joining Satyam BPO, Rangineni was associated with GE Money, India, as Chief Operating Officer. His previous responsibilities include operations, finance, and technology with global organizations like American Express and California Micro Devices (CMD). During his global career, he has focused on assignments/turn-around stories ranging from delivery to technology and business process reengineering, the release said.
Rangineni is an alumnus of the Kellogg’s School of Management, Illinois, and holds a Masters’ degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Texas.
Venkatesh Roddam, Satyam BPO’s CEO said, “Vijay’s broad outlook will benefit Satyam BPO and our customers.”
Rangineni said, “Satyam BPO’s strong foothold in the specialty sphere has made the organization a leader. My focus will be on taking this leadership position forward by looking at creating more such leadership opportunities, especially in operational excellence. The focus will be on end-customer delight which will pave way for the One Customer1 experience.’
Satyam Inks Deal with ArcelorMittal
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- Customer Experience Can Be A Strategic Brand Differentiator
- Importance of Availability During holiday Season