Satyam, IT Cos Bid for BSNL's Outsourcing Contract
Scam-tainted Satyam Computer Services (SATYAMCOMP), which lost out on an earlier BSNL ERP contract due to its inability to produce a Letter of Comfort from any bank, is once again in the race for BSNL’s mega outsourcing deal.
The contract entails implementation of operational support systems and billing support systems for the 93 million new GSM lines that Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is adding. The contract has been pegged at $1.2 billion.
The companies in the fray, apart from Satyam, are:Indian IT majors Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys and Wipro, along with HCL Infosystems, Tech Mahindra, and Spanco Telesystems.
TCS, HCL and Tech Mahindra have bid for all zones. Spanco has bid for north and west zones, Infosys for west and south, and Wipro and Satyam for east and south zones.
The estimated budget for each zone is Rs 1,500 crore.
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- Enhancing User Experience With Hi-Tech Retail Outlets
- Smart City Projects Will See Greater Tech Investments This Year
- Infor To Double Revenues By 2020: IMEA GM
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor