Satyam, IT Cos Bid for BSNL's Outsourcing Contract
Scam-tainted Satyam Computer Services (SATYAMCOMP), which lost out on an earlier BSNL ERP contract due to its inability to produce a Letter of Comfort from any bank, is once again in the race for BSNL’s mega outsourcing deal.
The contract entails implementation of operational support systems and billing support systems for the 93 million new GSM lines that Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is adding. The contract has been pegged at $1.2 billion.
The companies in the fray, apart from Satyam, are:Indian IT majors Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys and Wipro, along with HCL Infosystems, Tech Mahindra, and Spanco Telesystems.
TCS, HCL and Tech Mahindra have bid for all zones. Spanco has bid for north and west zones, Infosys for west and south, and Wipro and Satyam for east and south zones.
The estimated budget for each zone is Rs 1,500 crore.
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- Hyderabad To Host 'Olympics Of IT Industry'
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018
- Indian Railways On Track To Bigger Tech Innovation
- Top Tech Jobs In Demand This Year
- Infosys Welcomes New CEO Salil Parekh From Jan 2
- Tech 2017: CXOToday's Top 20 Technology Stories
- 7 Tech Predictions For 2018 And Beyond
- Tech That May Not Take Off In 2018