Satyam, IT Cos Bid for BSNL's Outsourcing Contract
Scam-tainted Satyam Computer Services (SATYAMCOMP), which lost out on an earlier BSNL ERP contract due to its inability to produce a Letter of Comfort from any bank, is once again in the race for BSNL’s mega outsourcing deal.
The contract entails implementation of operational support systems and billing support systems for the 93 million new GSM lines that Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is adding. The contract has been pegged at $1.2 billion.
The companies in the fray, apart from Satyam, are:Indian IT majors Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys and Wipro, along with HCL Infosystems, Tech Mahindra, and Spanco Telesystems.
TCS, HCL and Tech Mahindra have bid for all zones. Spanco has bid for north and west zones, Infosys for west and south, and Wipro and Satyam for east and south zones.
The estimated budget for each zone is Rs 1,500 crore.
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- Why IoT Benefits Will Outweigh Its Challenges
- Consider Blockchain, Think Non-linear!
- Digital Urgency Spurs Demand for Outsourcing Services: Study
- Top 7 Tech jobs To Rule This Year
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study