Satyam Signs 5-year Deal with Applied Materials
Satyam Computer Services, Ltd., an information technology services company, has signed a five-year contract with Applied Materials, Inc., a player in nano-manufacturing technology for the electronics industry.
Satyam has created a dedicated development center for Applied Materials. The facility will be part of Satyam’s Electronic City campus at Bangalore.
The company will provide application development, maintenance, and support (ADMS) plus business transformation core technology services for Applied Materials for a managed services delivery model.
“We believe the Managed Services model, along with service level agreements, is the right approach for Applied Materials,” said Ron Kifer, group vice president and chief information officer of Applied Materials.
“We expect this model to provide us with a very cost-effective solution for managing IT and business infrastructure processes and activities, as well as measurable service level and quality enhancements,” adds Kifer.
“It is an example of how Satyam strives to deliver exceptional value and innovation to its customers. These efforts, as well as our commitment to continuous improvement, are further demonstrated by our establishment of a facility dedicated to Applied Materials.”, adds Raju.
Satyam has provided ADMS and Engineering Services to Applied Materials for more than five years prior to the announcement.
- Leveraging Digital Technologies For Manufacturing
- CFOs Focusing On Expense Mgmt To Cut Travel Costs
- Why Industry 4.0 Is The Future Of Manufacturing
- Qualcomm Bets Big On AI, Machine Learning
- AI, Digital Currency To Bring Disruption In 2017: Study
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Foxconn To Invest Rs $ 5 Bn For Mobile Phone Manufacturing In India
- Samsung To Invest Rs. 4,915 Crore In India
- EMI Can Help Companies Drive Operational Excellence
- How IoT Can Make India’s Manufacturing Sector Smarter