Satyam Signs 5-year Deal with Applied Materials
Satyam Computer Services, Ltd., an information technology services company, has signed a five-year contract with Applied Materials, Inc., a player in nano-manufacturing technology for the electronics industry.
Satyam has created a dedicated development center for Applied Materials. The facility will be part of Satyam’s Electronic City campus at Bangalore.
The company will provide application development, maintenance, and support (ADMS) plus business transformation core technology services for Applied Materials for a managed services delivery model.
“We believe the Managed Services model, along with service level agreements, is the right approach for Applied Materials,” said Ron Kifer, group vice president and chief information officer of Applied Materials.
“We expect this model to provide us with a very cost-effective solution for managing IT and business infrastructure processes and activities, as well as measurable service level and quality enhancements,” adds Kifer.
“It is an example of how Satyam strives to deliver exceptional value and innovation to its customers. These efforts, as well as our commitment to continuous improvement, are further demonstrated by our establishment of a facility dedicated to Applied Materials.”, adds Raju.
Satyam has provided ADMS and Engineering Services to Applied Materials for more than five years prior to the announcement.
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Keysight Is Helping Customers Boost Design Innovation
- Blockchain To Shape Next-Gen Supply Chains In Healthcare: GlobalData
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?
- IoT: The Next Big Thing In Manufacturing
- Why Industry 4.0 Is The Future Of Manufacturing
- Qualcomm Bets Big On AI, Machine Learning
- AI, Digital Currency To Bring Disruption In 2017: Study
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Foxconn To Invest Rs $ 5 Bn For Mobile Phone Manufacturing In India