Say Goodbye to Paper-based Transactions
3i Infotech has announced the launch of eMudhra, an initiative to roll out digital signatures and provide a secure way to send and file forms and instructions electronically. With eMudhra, 3i Infotech hopes to empower Indian consumers to use technology beyond basic services. eMudhra digital signatures are powered by public-key infrastructure (PKI) technology.
According to the company, eMudhra digital signatures can be used for online banking, credit card or loan application (origination), other instruction like ECS mandate, online trading, e-governance, e-tender, e-procurement, etc.
3i Infotech has said it expects a number of paper transactions to be replaced by electronic transactions over a period of time. Some instances of how this service could be used include tax filing where digital signatures will obviate the need for sending physically signed forms. It could also have many potential applications in the BFSI sector, for example by removing restrictions on amounts during online money transfer.
eMudhra will be offered through 3i Infotech Consumer Services Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of 3i Infotech. 3i Infotech Consumer Services has been granted license by Controller of Certifying Authorities, Department of IT in the Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India for offering digital signatures to retail consumers.
Digital Signatures: Ink For e-Initiatives
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing