SBI implements turnkey solution from IBM
IBM has started the implementation of a turnkey solution at State Bank of India (SBI) to create a single information repository for the bank, its foreign offices, associates and subsidiaries. The new solution aims at enabling SBI to build collaborative information sharing platform (Enterprise Data Warehouse), helping it provide right information to the right people at the right time, thus giving the business an ability to take informed and intelligent decisions across the enterprise.
The new solution will enable the bank staff to concentrate on more valuable tasks such as up-selling and cross-selling, performing more sophisticated analysis and delivering a higher level of customer service. The bank will offer new promotions to customers based on comprehensive, up-to-date customer profiles. With better insight into the unique requirements of each customer, SBI staff will be able to offer timely, customized services to meet those needs.
The turnkey project involves provisioning of hardware required to host the solution, Information Management software required to build necessary applications and reporting, world class services around business intelligence and analytics, as well as helping SBI setup an Information Management competency centre.
"We chose IBM after going through a rigorous tender qualification process, followed by comprehensive evaluation of business (domain), technical, program management and system integration capabilities. The team demonstrated clear understanding of our challenges and addressed the same with specific solutions, which will enable us to transform our business by changing the way we serve our customers." Krishna Kumar, Deputy Managing Director (Information Technology), SBI.
- What's Driving India's Mobile-Led Economy?
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz