Schools sign up for R-Fi radio technology
Pinnacle Teleservices Pvt. Ltd., a telecom VAS operator, has launched R-Fi, a technology that will enable parents to get regular updates about their children in school. R-Fi utilizes long range radio frequency to read the photo ID cards of the children that pass through the school’s doorways or main entrance.
The R-Fi reader detects the signal and automatically sends alerts to the respective parents on their mobile phones. The system sends alerts through an inbuilt automated notification system about arrival and departure from the school premises. Along with the arrival and departure information, the school management can also send special instructions and emergency notices to parents.
New Apostolic English High School (Nagpur), Jog Educational Schools (Pune), Jain Bharti Model School (New Delhi), Vishal Bharti Public School (New Delhi), Vidyadhan Education Society (Pune), Chate Group of Schools (Pune) are some educational institutes that have already signed up for the R-Fi system.
"Schools do not have to invest much in deploying this system as the R-Fi photo ID cards for students are provided by us and students are not required to carry two different identity cards. The charges per month for parents who are availing this service are also very economical making it a must-have product for all schools," explained Founder Director, Pinnacle Teleservices, Rajesh Banerjee.
According to Pinnacle Teleservices, the radio frequency used by the R-Fi system is safe for children and is Government approved. The Wireless Planning & Coordination (WPC) Wing of the Ministry of Communication has assigned the 865-867 MHz UHF band for use by radio frequency identification devices.
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Encouraging More Women Into Tech Leadership Roles
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Banking Sector
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- Is Gender Gap In Tech Industry Getting Any Better
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel