SCM Enables Governments go Green
Supply-chain management software has a key role to play in helping the public sector meet its green mandate - but the products available are far from mature, according to analyst firm Ovum.
Green supply chain management will become important to the public sector. Governments do tremendous amounts of purchasing and will face the same accountability requirements as the private sector, said Warren Wilson, research director at Ovum. Even though software vendors are developing softwares to help governments, the products yet to mature.
SCM enables governments to measure, analyse, report and optmise environmental factors that include reducing energy consumption and increasing efficiency.
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- How IoT Impacts The Supply Chain In Flex
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation