SCM Enables Governments go Green
Supply-chain management software has a key role to play in helping the public sector meet its green mandate - but the products available are far from mature, according to analyst firm Ovum.
Green supply chain management will become important to the public sector. Governments do tremendous amounts of purchasing and will face the same accountability requirements as the private sector, said Warren Wilson, research director at Ovum. Even though software vendors are developing softwares to help governments, the products yet to mature.
SCM enables governments to measure, analyse, report and optmise environmental factors that include reducing energy consumption and increasing efficiency.
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros