Seagate, Microsoft Ally Safeguards Digital Content
Seagate has tied-up with Microsoft to raise awareness on the need to safeguard digital content and data.
The two companies have entered into a joint marketing agreement to promote Windows Vista Backup and restore Maxtor OneTouch III, as a solution to help protect photos, music, business documents, videos and more.
It encompasses activities like Web promotions, advertisements, launch events, trade show, and retail promotions. The aim is to educate consumers and small business owners about protecting their digital assets.
Specific co-promotions focus on the flagship Maxtor OneTouch III, Turbo Edition to provide simple backup and high-capacity external storage, and Windows Backup. Using the Windows backup utility, consumers can back up content to an external hard drive, another drive on a PC, or other external media.
“With the rise in mobility, increased creation, and sharing of digital content on a variety of portable and in-home devices, the need to back up and protect content today is more important than ever,” said Jim Druckrey, Sr.VP & GM- Branded Solutions, Seagate.
As part of its second annual Backup Awareness Month in June 2006, a Harris Interactive poll sponsored by Seagate found that nearly half of respondents (43%) lost important data or digital files stored on computers due to a virus, hardware or software malfunction, or some other reason. While nearly half of them never made backup copies of their data to external devices or media. The most frequently cited reason by those that never back up data is that they are not sure how to do it or that backup is too technical (cited by 35%). Together, Seagate and Microsoft will help solve these issues.
“Windows Vista is designed to fit people’s lives. Our work with Seagate helps us deliver on the promise of personal computing,” added Dave Wascha, director- partner marketing communications, Windows Client, Microsoft Corp.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens