Security industry is challenged by lack of information
The current global as well as local cyber threat landscape remains a tough one to navigate, and unfortunately this trend will continue to pose security challenges to businesses in the years to come.
In an exclusive interview to CXOtoday, Wade Baker, Managing Principal, Verizon Risk Team and author of Verizon’s Data Breach investigation Report 2013, discusses the key findings of the report and various aspects of today’s cyber threat landscape.
1. Could you cite the key findings in Verizon’s 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report. (00:07)
2. The government and BFSI sectors are the largest spenders on IT infrastructure and security, yet large-scale financial cybercrime and state-affiliated espionage are on the rise, why? (01:43)
3. Why shouldn’t financial institutions let cybercrime attacks go unreported and absorb ensuing losses, in a bid to maintain their credibility? (03:05)
4. How can security breach reporting help change the security landscape? (04:45)
5. Hackers are usually people who are passionate about a cause? Why can’t businesses have people with similar intuitions to defend their systems? (06:22)
6. How should CIOs/CISOs educate employees on the various aspects of security breaches, so they do not unintentionally expose the organisation to external threats? (07:56)
7. How should CIOs ideally tackle the security aspects associated with BYOD? (10:10)
8. With the way the security landscape has evolved over the last few years, what do expect in Verizon’s 2014 Data Breach Investigations Report? (12:03)
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn