Security Isn't A Destination, It’s A Journey
Despite of growing incidence of advance cyber attacks, the budget allocation for security infrastructure is shrinking among organizations. Gartner in its recent CIO survey 2016 revealed that only 8-10 percent of the budget is utilized for security mechanism in the Indian organizations. The security landscape is getting more complicated as Enterprises are increasingly falling victims to ransomware and other kind of advance cyber threats.
India has emerged as the top destination of cyber crimes worldwide. India witnessed a significant increase in cyber attacks in 2015. However, despite of growing menace of cyber criminals, Indian enterprises seem reluctant to report about the damage caused by cyber attacks. It is a high time for Indian CIOs and CISOs to change their approaches towards security and look for a holistic security mechanism to tackle sophisticated cyber crimes.
In a candid interaction with CXO Today, Altaf Halde, Managing Director, Kaspersky Labs - SA explains the reasons why security is not a top most priority area in terms of investments for Indian CIOs and highlights the need for strong compliance in terms of security in India.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today - (Feb 20-25)
- IoT and Big Data Can Be A Match Made In Heaven
- Govt Launches 'Cyber Swachhta Kendra' To Prevent Cyber Attack
- Decoding The 'Maharashtra Cyber' Project
- How Marketers Can Gain From Mobile-Social Strategy
- Confirmed: Apple To Start Making iPhone SE In India
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Feb 13-18)
- Cyber Security: What CISOs Should Know In 2017
- Custom Enterprise Apps Posing Shadow Cloud Threats: CSA
- Making Control Systems Connected And Safe