Security Isn't A Destination, It’s A Journey
Despite of growing incidence of advance cyber attacks, the budget allocation for security infrastructure is shrinking among organizations. Gartner in its recent CIO survey 2016 revealed that only 8-10 percent of the budget is utilized for security mechanism in the Indian organizations. The security landscape is getting more complicated as Enterprises are increasingly falling victims to ransomware and other kind of advance cyber threats.
India has emerged as the top destination of cyber crimes worldwide. India witnessed a significant increase in cyber attacks in 2015. However, despite of growing menace of cyber criminals, Indian enterprises seem reluctant to report about the damage caused by cyber attacks. It is a high time for Indian CIOs and CISOs to change their approaches towards security and look for a holistic security mechanism to tackle sophisticated cyber crimes.
In a candid interaction with CXO Today, Altaf Halde, Managing Director, Kaspersky Labs - SA explains the reasons why security is not a top most priority area in terms of investments for Indian CIOs and highlights the need for strong compliance in terms of security in India.
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- DevSecOps, A Key Focus Of CA Technologies
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner
- Alibaba Sees India As Significant Market In Its Global Strategy
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Nov 6-11)
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Endpoint, Servers, Cloud Are All WinMagic's Forte: COO
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
- PayPal Launches Domestic Operations In India