Select Lenovo Handsets To Have Pre-Installed Microsoft Apps
Due to the Microsoft licensing program expansion, Lenovo will be including 3 of its productivity apps in some select handset including those under the brand name of Motorola, which it currently owns. With regards to this development, Nick Parker, the Corporate Vice-President of Microsoft’s OEM division said, “The marriage of Microsoft’s apps and Lenovo’s Android-based devices will enable customers around the world to be more productive, more connected and achieve more.” Mystery however has remained, exactly which future handsets from the company will have the Microsoft apps, but has confirmed that MS-Office, Skype, and One-Drive are a part of the offerings.
The latest development also points towards a significant change in terms of strategy change from Microsoft’s end, which is now shifting its attention towards creating software for mobiles, instead of trying to create something ground-up in the hardware department. Lenovo being one of the largest manufacturers in China, provided an ideal solution for Microsoft to get on board which will actually help apps directly to the consumers, and that too on such a large scale, as Lenovo has promised to ship several of its devices in the future with the productivity apps, as reported by ibtimes.
However, let’s not rule competition out of the whole dimension of this development. Other Chinese brands such as Xiaomi, Asus, Samsung, and LG have already been in talks with Microsoft over such similar deals with them. It would also mean that Lenovo will have to push its game further, and compete with the other major players in terms of value added features, to gain a foothold in the market. On the software maker’s front, this will perhaps put Microsoft on a more productive path in terms of financials, as bottom line profits and revenue margins have been an issue of late.
Image credit: Youtube
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
- ITAM Aims To Reduce Software Spends Of CIOs
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- 5 Specs Of A Futuristic Office Space
- Office Automation Is The New Smart Investment
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 24-29)