Seyad Cotton Mills Spins ERP Tale
Tirunelveli-based Seyad Cotton Mills Ltd, manufacturer of 100% hank yarn, has successfully deployed iB spin — a specialized textile ERP developed by Chennai-based Sholingur Textiles Ltd Software Division (STLSD).
Speaking to CXOtoday, Sadiq Rabbani- director, Seyad Cotton Mills, said, We have chosen iB Spin because it is designed in such a way that it covers a wide range of operations. The modules have been developed keeping all the key areas of operations of a typical textile production planning cycle in mind.
According to Rabbani, the modules covered are right from accounts, payroll, purchase, inventory, to plant maintenance, sales & distribution, production. The solution also addresses functions such as raw material and finished goods inventory, trend analysis and quality assurance.
Purchased at a total cost of Rs 3-4 lakh, the ERP will be accessed by 17 users in total. The spinning mill has 40,000 spindles.
The textile company did consider several textile ERP vendors down south, but settled for iB spin because of the fact that the company itself is in the textiles business. Says Rabbani, The enterprise solution has been developed by textile experts having core domain expertise. This expertise helps in understanding the requirements and problems of each individual textile mill.
Satisfied with the product, the company is shortly planning to deploy the solution on Moon Spinners, another group company belonging to Seyad group, which has varied interests in textiles, finance and manufacturing beedis.
STLSD, part of the Rs 600 million Sholingur Textiles Ltd. has developed iB spin, iB knit and iB weave — all management tools that integrate critical areas of a typical textile production planning cycle.
- IoT: The Next Big Thing In Manufacturing
- Why Industry 4.0 Is The Future Of Manufacturing
- Qualcomm Bets Big On AI, Machine Learning
- AI, Digital Currency To Bring Disruption In 2017: Study
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Foxconn To Invest Rs $ 5 Bn For Mobile Phone Manufacturing In India
- Samsung To Invest Rs. 4,915 Crore In India
- EMI Can Help Companies Drive Operational Excellence
- How IoT Can Make India’s Manufacturing Sector Smarter
- Apple To Make iPhones In India In 4-6 Weeks: Report