Shift From Legacy Technologies To Ethernet
With the gradual emergence of new technologies, vendors will convert the challenges of not meeting customers need in video over IP and a gradual convergence of multiple network technologies, into opportunities, claimed a new study by Frost & Sullivan.
Analysis revealed that World Metro Area Network Test Equipment Market will earn revenue of $591.7 million in 2004 and will reach $1,115.9 million in 2011.
The study has indicated that companies are shifting from legacy technology to Ethernet and IP based technology for convenience and cost savings. Many large enterprises have their own private networks to carry voice along with data.
This will enable cost cutting and avoid termination fees for telecom service providers and carriers. With the widespread adoption of Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet and IP services there will be an increasing demand for the MAN test equipment over the forecasted period.
“With the convergence of multiple network technologies, more companies and enterprises are discovering the advantages of a single network for voice, data and video communications,” said Olga Yashkova, Research Analyst, Frost & Sullivan.
The study added that convergence of multiple networks would bring along complexity issues. The convergence will reduce risk with easier scalability, it is highly complex to maintain and troubleshoot converged networks.
“With the emergence of a number of new technologies, leading test equipment vendors are highly challenged in the metro area networks market,” said Yashkova.
World Metro Area Network Test Equipment Market, a part of the test and measurement subscription service will give an overview and outlook for the market. This study has been segmented into R&D MAN Test Equipment Market, Manufacturing MAN Test Equipment Market and I&M MAN Test Equipment Market.
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec