Showcasing Cloud Computing potential
A recent conference on Cloud Computing held by the Computer Society of India (CSI) highlighted that with Cloud computing is gaining momentum in India, the future will see the industry and government increasingly embracing this technology.
The Advances in Cloud Computing - ACC 2012″ Conference held in Bangalore was a platform to showcase innovation, challenges and opportunities in Cloud Computing and witnessed leading government officials and industry leaders from India as well as other parts of the world.
While sharing their views on this technology, thought leaders agreed that cloud computing has tremendous growth potential and should be leveraged for competitiveness enhancement.
Laying specifics on the cloud opportunity, M N Vidyashankar, Principal Secretary, Department of Industries & Commerce, Govt. of Karnataka mentioned that although the industry is facing some challenges on the widespread adoption of this technology, it will soon be overcome and Cloud will be leveraged in different areas of development such as e-governance, education and health for enabling inclusiveness.
Prof. S. Sadagopan, Director – IIITB commented “Cloud computing is a new way of delivering computing resources, and need not be viewed as a new technology.” He believes that the industry will continue to invest heavily on this technology, which has a huge scope for innovation. Sadagopan expects that Cloud computing to witness a growth of 60-70 percent in the coming years.
The event included participation from leading companies such as VMware, EMC, HP Labs India, Tally solutions, CDAC, Deloitte Consulting India and a number of international institutes such as the University of Melbourne, Carleton University and NUS Singapore.
The objective was to help them understand how cloud computing trends as well as the creation and consumption of cloud applications can offer value across various enterprise.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate