Sify Joins Hand with Synchronica
Sify has signed an agreement with Synchronica, a provider of mobile email and synchronization solutions. Under the terms of the agreement, Sify will offer a hosted mobile email and synchronization service based on Synchronica Mobile Gateway to enterprises and consumers throughout the Indian sub-continent.
The reason cited by Sify to choose Synchronica’s Mobile Gateway was because it works on the vast majority of devices in use today. Consequently it has a much larger addressable market than other mobile email solutions, which require users to upgrade to expensive high-end Smartphones. Unlike other products, Mobile Gateway does not require additional software to be installed on the handset making it particularly well suited for businesses, consumers and prosumers in emerging markets.
India is growing rapidly in both mobile phone penetration and Internet usage, making it an ideal market for a ‘mobile email for all’ solution. India’s 12 wireless operators signed up a record 10.16 million new subscribers in March 2008, bringing the total customer base to 261.09 million, and making India the second largest wireless market in the world, overtaking the U.S. with its 258 million subscribers.
P J Nath, Executive President, Sify Enterprise Services, said: "We’re offering businesses and consumers in the Indian sub-continent a hosted mobile email and synchronization service based on Synchronica’s ground-breaking technology. Synchronica’s solution is ideal because it works on mass-market phones, a prerequisite in India where Smartphone penetration is very low."
- Entrepreneurship Perceptions On Rise In India: GEM Report
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Users Wary Of Making Purchases Through Smartwatches: Report
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall