Sify Joins Hand with Synchronica
Sify has signed an agreement with Synchronica, a provider of mobile email and synchronization solutions. Under the terms of the agreement, Sify will offer a hosted mobile email and synchronization service based on Synchronica Mobile Gateway to enterprises and consumers throughout the Indian sub-continent.
The reason cited by Sify to choose Synchronica’s Mobile Gateway was because it works on the vast majority of devices in use today. Consequently it has a much larger addressable market than other mobile email solutions, which require users to upgrade to expensive high-end Smartphones. Unlike other products, Mobile Gateway does not require additional software to be installed on the handset making it particularly well suited for businesses, consumers and prosumers in emerging markets.
India is growing rapidly in both mobile phone penetration and Internet usage, making it an ideal market for a ‘mobile email for all’ solution. India’s 12 wireless operators signed up a record 10.16 million new subscribers in March 2008, bringing the total customer base to 261.09 million, and making India the second largest wireless market in the world, overtaking the U.S. with its 258 million subscribers.
P J Nath, Executive President, Sify Enterprise Services, said: "We’re offering businesses and consumers in the Indian sub-continent a hosted mobile email and synchronization service based on Synchronica’s ground-breaking technology. Synchronica’s solution is ideal because it works on mass-market phones, a prerequisite in India where Smartphone penetration is very low."
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study