Sify Migrates to IP NGN
The move is a part to strengthen its existing core network to meet increasing customer demand for sophisticated network services, and to address the evolving India market.
“We are in the process of transforming our network infrastructure into an IP Next Generation Network to deliver triple play and more. These technology investments are aimed at making us more competitive in the services we offer across enterprise and consumer segments going forward,” said Raju Vegesna, chairman, CEO & MD, Sify Technologies Limited.
“Sify was the first to launch managed connectivity services over a TCP/IP network in April 1998, and has continually pioneered managed infrastructure services, as well as set the standard for such services in India,” said P J Nath, executive president, Sify Enterprise services. “The migration of our core network infrastructure to an IP Next Generation Network enables us to offer more sophisticated services for voice, video and data, with higher levels of service quality for customers.”
The company has selected the Cisco CRS-1 Carrier Routing System as the foundation of its IP NGN.
Naresh Wadhwa, president and country manager, Cisco India & SAARC, said, “The CRS-1, a new class of router system, will let carriers seamlessly migrate all of their existing communications infrastructures for voice, video, and data onto a single, packet infrastructure.”
“Indian service providers (ISPs) are working towards greater control of their network and overall operations to succeed against competitive and market forces. IP NGN brings about a broad network transformation that encompasses not just the SP’s network but their entire business. We believe this is one of the first steps for a SP to move towards becoming an Experience Provider,” said Rajesh Chainani, vice president of service provider for Cisco India & SAARC.
- Indian Businesses Lack Confidence In Digital Transformation Capabilities
- CIOs Can Majorly Gain From Edge Data Centers
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Flipkart, ASUS Announce Long-Term Partnership For India Market
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Key Criteria For Choosing Your IoT Connectivity Provider