Sify Offers Mall On Mobile
Sify Limited, a leader in consumer Internet access, portals, and enterprise services, has announced that it has enabled shopping via GPRS enabled mobile phones on its online shopping portal, www.sifymall.com.
SifyMall has tied up with JiGrahak, a mobility solutions provider, and will use JiGrahak’s m-commerce/m-payment platform ‘NGPay’ (Next Generation Pay) to enable this feature.
Anyone with a GPRS enabled mobile connection can log on to www.ngpay.com, and download the NGPay application on to their mobile handsets. Once installed, the intuitive user interface can be used to shop “Anytime, Anywhere” for a wide range of products like flowers, books, movie DVDs and VCDs on SifyMall.com. Payments can be made using credit cards to start with, and can soon be made from bank accounts as well.
Speaking on launch of this mobile shopping initiative, Surya Mantha, Senior VP - interactive services, said, “With the Indian mobile subscriber base growing at the rate of about 2 million users a month, and expected to touch 200 million by 2007, the potential for mobile shopping is huge. In addition to buying products and services from SifyMall, Sify broadband users can now also renew their broadband subscriptions through this application using their mobiles for convenience.”
Sourabh Jain, Partner, JiGrahak Mobility Solutions said, “The potential of “Anytime, Anywhere” commerce has been talked about since quite some time. We believe that NGPay would help realize this immense potential and define the world of mobile commerce and mobile payments. End-users from around the world can download and use (free of cost) the NGPay application on their mobile handsets from anywhere in the world, provided they have a J2ME enabled phone and an appropriate GPRS subscription.”
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Encouraging More Women Into Tech Leadership Roles
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D