Sify Offers Mall On Mobile
Sify Limited, a leader in consumer Internet access, portals, and enterprise services, has announced that it has enabled shopping via GPRS enabled mobile phones on its online shopping portal, www.sifymall.com.
SifyMall has tied up with JiGrahak, a mobility solutions provider, and will use JiGrahak’s m-commerce/m-payment platform ‘NGPay’ (Next Generation Pay) to enable this feature.
Anyone with a GPRS enabled mobile connection can log on to www.ngpay.com, and download the NGPay application on to their mobile handsets. Once installed, the intuitive user interface can be used to shop “Anytime, Anywhere” for a wide range of products like flowers, books, movie DVDs and VCDs on SifyMall.com. Payments can be made using credit cards to start with, and can soon be made from bank accounts as well.
Speaking on launch of this mobile shopping initiative, Surya Mantha, Senior VP - interactive services, said, “With the Indian mobile subscriber base growing at the rate of about 2 million users a month, and expected to touch 200 million by 2007, the potential for mobile shopping is huge. In addition to buying products and services from SifyMall, Sify broadband users can now also renew their broadband subscriptions through this application using their mobiles for convenience.”
Sourabh Jain, Partner, JiGrahak Mobility Solutions said, “The potential of “Anytime, Anywhere” commerce has been talked about since quite some time. We believe that NGPay would help realize this immense potential and define the world of mobile commerce and mobile payments. End-users from around the world can download and use (free of cost) the NGPay application on their mobile handsets from anywhere in the world, provided they have a J2ME enabled phone and an appropriate GPRS subscription.”
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How AI Is Changing The Landscape Of House Renting Sector?
- How AR-VR Is Changing The World Of Advertising
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR