Sify provides landing station for submarine cable
Sify Technologies and Gulf Bridge International (GBI), Qatar, today signed an agreement to land GBI’s sub-sea cable system in India. Sify will provide a landing station for GBI’s cable in Mumbai, India.
"We are delighted to announce that GBI have selected Sify to be our landing partner in India. As one of India’s leading internet communications companies, Sify is well placed to ensure that GBI’s cable system is fully integrated into the expanding Indian domestic market," commented Hamad Al Mannai, EVP, GBI.
The GBI cable system which will connect all the countries of the Gulf region to each other, will provide onward connectivity to India and beyond via Sify’s landing station. The launch of GBI’s cable system will provide telecom operators and other communications companies, both in the region and globally greater choice, value, diversity and resilience.
"Access to Undersea Cable System will allow SIFY Technologies to serve the emerging markets in Middle East as well as African region, which are also amongst the fastest growing economies in the world. This allows SIFY to enable a reliable and secure information superhighway to connect the Middle East to Asia Pacific & Americas, thus bringing in superior network connectivity to the Middle East & African regions," said Raju Vegesna, CEO and MD, Sify Technologies Limited.
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- India’s Digital Payments Will Touch USD 1-Tn By 2022: Report
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- IBM Brings Salesforce Partner Bluewolf To India