Sify provides landing station for submarine cable
Sify Technologies and Gulf Bridge International (GBI), Qatar, today signed an agreement to land GBI’s sub-sea cable system in India. Sify will provide a landing station for GBI’s cable in Mumbai, India.
"We are delighted to announce that GBI have selected Sify to be our landing partner in India. As one of India’s leading internet communications companies, Sify is well placed to ensure that GBI’s cable system is fully integrated into the expanding Indian domestic market," commented Hamad Al Mannai, EVP, GBI.
The GBI cable system which will connect all the countries of the Gulf region to each other, will provide onward connectivity to India and beyond via Sify’s landing station. The launch of GBI’s cable system will provide telecom operators and other communications companies, both in the region and globally greater choice, value, diversity and resilience.
"Access to Undersea Cable System will allow SIFY Technologies to serve the emerging markets in Middle East as well as African region, which are also amongst the fastest growing economies in the world. This allows SIFY to enable a reliable and secure information superhighway to connect the Middle East to Asia Pacific & Americas, thus bringing in superior network connectivity to the Middle East & African regions," said Raju Vegesna, CEO and MD, Sify Technologies Limited.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report