Sify provides landing station for submarine cable
Sify Technologies and Gulf Bridge International (GBI), Qatar, today signed an agreement to land GBI’s sub-sea cable system in India. Sify will provide a landing station for GBI’s cable in Mumbai, India.
"We are delighted to announce that GBI have selected Sify to be our landing partner in India. As one of India’s leading internet communications companies, Sify is well placed to ensure that GBI’s cable system is fully integrated into the expanding Indian domestic market," commented Hamad Al Mannai, EVP, GBI.
The GBI cable system which will connect all the countries of the Gulf region to each other, will provide onward connectivity to India and beyond via Sify’s landing station. The launch of GBI’s cable system will provide telecom operators and other communications companies, both in the region and globally greater choice, value, diversity and resilience.
"Access to Undersea Cable System will allow SIFY Technologies to serve the emerging markets in Middle East as well as African region, which are also amongst the fastest growing economies in the world. This allows SIFY to enable a reliable and secure information superhighway to connect the Middle East to Asia Pacific & Americas, thus bringing in superior network connectivity to the Middle East & African regions," said Raju Vegesna, CEO and MD, Sify Technologies Limited.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Are Brands Getting Too Late To Digitize?
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- 5 Things To Expect If Bitcoins Are Legalized In India
- What’s Up With Mid-level IT leaders?