Sify provides landing station for submarine cable
Sify Technologies and Gulf Bridge International (GBI), Qatar, today signed an agreement to land GBI’s sub-sea cable system in India. Sify will provide a landing station for GBI’s cable in Mumbai, India.
"We are delighted to announce that GBI have selected Sify to be our landing partner in India. As one of India’s leading internet communications companies, Sify is well placed to ensure that GBI’s cable system is fully integrated into the expanding Indian domestic market," commented Hamad Al Mannai, EVP, GBI.
The GBI cable system which will connect all the countries of the Gulf region to each other, will provide onward connectivity to India and beyond via Sify’s landing station. The launch of GBI’s cable system will provide telecom operators and other communications companies, both in the region and globally greater choice, value, diversity and resilience.
"Access to Undersea Cable System will allow SIFY Technologies to serve the emerging markets in Middle East as well as African region, which are also amongst the fastest growing economies in the world. This allows SIFY to enable a reliable and secure information superhighway to connect the Middle East to Asia Pacific & Americas, thus bringing in superior network connectivity to the Middle East & African regions," said Raju Vegesna, CEO and MD, Sify Technologies Limited.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities