Sify provides landing station for submarine cable
Sify Technologies and Gulf Bridge International (GBI), Qatar, today signed an agreement to land GBI’s sub-sea cable system in India. Sify will provide a landing station for GBI’s cable in Mumbai, India.
"We are delighted to announce that GBI have selected Sify to be our landing partner in India. As one of India’s leading internet communications companies, Sify is well placed to ensure that GBI’s cable system is fully integrated into the expanding Indian domestic market," commented Hamad Al Mannai, EVP, GBI.
The GBI cable system which will connect all the countries of the Gulf region to each other, will provide onward connectivity to India and beyond via Sify’s landing station. The launch of GBI’s cable system will provide telecom operators and other communications companies, both in the region and globally greater choice, value, diversity and resilience.
"Access to Undersea Cable System will allow SIFY Technologies to serve the emerging markets in Middle East as well as African region, which are also amongst the fastest growing economies in the world. This allows SIFY to enable a reliable and secure information superhighway to connect the Middle East to Asia Pacific & Americas, thus bringing in superior network connectivity to the Middle East & African regions," said Raju Vegesna, CEO and MD, Sify Technologies Limited.
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Sanjay Brahmawar Joins Software AG As New CEO
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec