Sify to Bring Google Apps to India
Enterprise data services company Sify Technologies Limited will bring the Google Apps suite of communication and collaboration tools to Indian Internet users. The company has signed an agreement with Google, under which Google Apps will now power Sifymail and chat, as well as other applications using the Google Apps platform.
This would be leveraged across Sify’s fast expanding network infrastructure, reaching out to over a million users across India and abroad.
Google Apps is a service from Google for using custom domain names with several Google products. It features several web applications with similar functionality to traditional office suites, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Talk, Docs and Sites.
Raju Vegesna, chairman & CEO, Sify Technologies Limited, said, “Our agreement with Google makes superior applications available for communications and collaboration, coupled with our understanding of the needs of Indians, on our popular portal Sify.com. We believe that we can make compelling applications, tools and content based on Google’s expertise for many more Indians to use the Internet to enhance their productivity and quality of life. This agreement enhances our relationship with Google beyond powering the search on Sify.com”.
Shailesh Rao, managing director, Google India Pvt. Ltd., said, “We’re pleased to work with Sify to offer its customers access to our leading communication and collaboration tools. Our companies share a vision of giving consumers innovative choices that will the change the way they interact with each other and the world”.
Sify will start launching these services for users in the coming months.
Sify’s Roam Connect International in India
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- 40 pc FMCG Spend Will Have Digital Influence By 2020, Says Google
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- 5 Specs Of A Futuristic Office Space